The Gigabyte 7VT600 RZ motherboard is compatible with socket A AMD Athlon XP, AMD Duron, and AMD Athlon processors with Front Side Bus Speed of 400 MHz. Maximum memory available in the 3 DDR sockets is 3GB of DDR DRAM PC2100/PC2700/PC3200 and only supports 2.5 DDR DIMM. Built-in this motherboard we can find USB 2.0 (which is 40 times faster than USB 1.1) VIA VT8235 Chipset. For storage, it supports DMA/ATA-133 (Ultra) x 2 for storage.
A Realtek ALC655 CODEC is included in the Gigabyte 7VT600 RZ motherboard for sound and Jack Sensing function is supported meaning that any device that is connected to the sound device is immediately recognized. Video Interface is done through an AGP (accelerated graphics port ) 8x that provides optimized graphics, uninterrupted streaming, and increased performance.
Gigabyte RZ Series Motherboards is a complete competitive and affordable platform which is based on reliability, real performance, and right value. The RZ series supports Pentium 4 processors with Front-Side Bus that interlinks information between the CPU and the memory controller hub and supports the new 90nm technology from the (Prescott) Pentium® 4 processor.
Regarding memory system Gigabyte RZ Series Motherboards use DDR333 memory that supports two double-sided DIMMs with two 184-pin connectors. They also use USB 2.0 interface which is 40 times faster than USD 1.1, speeding up connections between computer peripherals.
This AMD Motherboard has excellent hardware monitorization: fan revolution, temperature, voltage, and fan fail detection, as well as shutdown function due to overheating, are constantly being controlled. Overclocking is also a feature available that can be used for increasing system performance. Besides these features some others can also be found:
- ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface)/APM (Advanced Power Management) Power Management – Full power management of sleep mode, hibernation mode, etc.
- Wake On Ring Header – Wakes up the computer from sleep mode when a phone call is received through a device that is connected to COM1.
- Wake On LAN Header – Allows turning on the computer or waking it up through network commands, usually sent by another local area network computer.
- Suspend to RAM – It is a hibernate state that preserves the information the user was
- working on while turning the computer into energy-saving mode.
- Wake-up from Keyboard/Mouse – Moving the mouse or pressing a keyboard key will wake up the computer from suspend mode.
For users upgrading to the Gigabyte 7VT600 RZ, there is no problem with the power supply because this motherboard does not need the ATX12V, so older power supplies can be used.